Church without Walls: a safe place to be
Keeping everyone safe is a job for us all. We all have a role to play in providing a safe and welcoming environment for Church without Walls. We share responsibility for one another ,children and adults, in the church community.
As we are part of a wider group of churches, the Walton Churches Partnership, we share their safeguarding policy which you will find it displayed at all our events. Please click the link for the full policy. As well as a Safe Guarding Officer at the WCP level we have a small Safe Guarding team at Church without Walls, they are: Angela Kendall, Jackie Bennett and Ruth Maxey.
At all of our gatherings you will find a card on the table reminding you of the following key Safe Guarding matters:
- Children are in the care of their parents and carers at our events, including Café, Dinner and Forest church.
- At Quiet Church school aged children spend time in their own group with leaders who are all DBS checked and are following the Safe Guarding procedures.
- Please check with parents and carers before offering a child food, and gently re-direct a child back to their parents and carers if they need help, or are wandering away. Only intervene physically if a child or vulnerable adult is in immediate physical danger.
- Never take a child to the toilet unless their parent or carer asks you to.
- If you are concerned about the safety of a child or vulnerable adult, or if you need help keeping your own child safe, you will find contact details displayed at our events for people and organisations who can offer advice. Alternatively, you can talk to anyone in the Safe Guarding Team or to any member of the Church without Walls Guidance Group.